The only way our society can survive is for each of you to claim your rightful place. Today you will take a test that will help you discover who you truly are. The future belongs to those who know where they belong.
This isn’t real.
Your results were inconclusive.
This was supposed to tell me what to do. We’re supposed to trust the test—
The test didn’t work on you. They call it Divergent.
You can’t let them find out about you. They’re always watching. You have to hide where they’d never expect to find you.
Welcome to Dauntless.
There are two stages of training: the first is physical – push your bodies to the breaking point.
You’re never going to win. Not like that.
That’s good to know.
Keep tension here. Okay?
…the second is mental. Face your worst fears and conquer them.
You made a mistake choosing Dauntless. They’ll find out about you.
I know what you are.
It’s been a long time since I could trust anyone.
I don’t want to be just one thing. I want to be brave, and selfless and intelligent and honest and kind.
If you want to survive, follow me.
Divergents threaten the system. It won’t be safe until they’re removed.
We have to fight back.
1. The future belongs to those who know where they belong.
- Belong to sb/st: thuộc về ai/cái gì
- ‘who’: đại từ quan hệ thay cho người
2. You made a mistake choosing Dauntless.
- Make a mistake doing st: sai lầm khi làm gì
3. I know what you are
- Đây là câu phức được cấu tạo bằng một mệnh đề giới thiệu “I know” với mệnh đề danh từ được cấu tạo từ một câu hỏi chuyển thành một câu trần thuật “what you are”.
4. It’s been a long time since I could trust anyone.
- Cấu trúc: Mệnh đề 1 (Hiện tại hoàn thành) SINCE Mệnh đề 2 (Quá khứ đơn)